Saturday 24 May 2008

The graduation

After a long absence from my blog, I would like to share a few pictures I got during a graduation ceremony somewhere in Lusaka last week.

It is the preparation for this very graduation that caused my absence.

The graduation was at a government institute that trains people for insternational assignments. I am gripped with nalstogia as I author this piece because it was such a memorable occassion.

I missed the aftermath party that was staged two days later because of an urgent assignment out of town. I was somewhere on the border with the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).

Those who know about the graduation will know the institute and all that I am talking about on the postings below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which Institute is this? -- kyamba@zambia.co.zm